12.08.2011

Assignments

Just in case you needed some entertaining afternoon reading...

The assignment was to write a story using the following vocabulary words
sit ups, jumping jacks, running, jogging, aerobics, swimming
The following is what spewed forth from the imaginations of my students.

"Once upon a time there was a princess in a big palace, but there was no one else in this palace 
because the princess was very fat and she was always angry with others. No one wanted to live with 
her. She wanted to marry someone who is very talented and handsome. One day, a worm stretched 
itself into the princesses garden. It was founded by the princess. She was so boring at the time so she 
asked the worm to do some jumping jacks, sit ups, jogging. The worm cried at last “I suggest you set me
free!” The princess was confused. She said, “why?” It said, “I would help you become slim and find a 
good guy!” She was so happy and she agreed it. The worm said “maybe you should try some aerobics
like running and jogging every day?” The princess frowned but she do so, and she also swam every 
day. At last, she became very slim and very beautiful. One day, a prince passed by. He saw the 
princess, he was so happy and asked the princess “have you thought about to have a boyfriend?” She 
said, “yes of course!” Then they are a couple!"

"Once upon a time there was a fat rabbit who wanted to get in shape. She wanted to be the
most beautiful bride when marry Mr. Rabbit, so she set out to look for advice. She met
the elephant and asked “Mr. Elephant, can you give me some advice about getting in
shape?”
The elephant said “Yes. I suggest you do jumping jacks and sit ups”
The, she met Mrs. Tiger and Mrs. Tiger told her “maybe you should try doing aerobics
and lifting weights” Finally, she met miss monkey and miss monkey answered “have you
thought about going swimming or going running?” The fat rabbit was so happy because
of these useful advice. She made efforts to get in shape according to these suggestions.
Fortunately, she was successful! There is no doubt she and Mr.
Rabbit lived happily ever after."

"Long, Long ago there was a peaceful kingdom. A fat princess was living in there. The
princess was very lazy and she didn’t like to do exercise. One day she was going to her
grandmothers house. On the was home, she found a handsome man was swimming in the
pool. The man saw the fat princess, he laughed at her and said “what a fat girl!” The
princess was very angry. The man continued saying “Don’t be angry I will help you! I am
a strong man, I go swim and do sit ups everyday, it is so great. I suppose you do exercise
with me and lose weight. Maybe you should try to do jumping jacks, running and so on.
Aerobics is very helpful to lose weight. I often lift weights, it makes me so strong as you
can see!” The princess listened to the man’s advice even though she didn’t like to. After
doing exercise, the princess became a slim girl. The man came again, he was a prince! He
told to the princess “have you thought about dancing with me?” The princess was
surprised and they fell in love."

 
“Arthur's happy life” {written by Alan}
Many years ago, Arthur was a very fat boy and he walked so slowly. There is a very famous doctor in 
the world. That is Alan. One day, Arthur went to Alan's office.
Arthur: “Doctor, I have a serious problem.”
Alan: “Whats the problem?”
Arthur:“I’m so fat. I want to lose weight. Could you help me?”
Alan:“Sure! I suggest you do some jumping jacks, sit up and aerobics every day. It may be helpful!” 
Arthur followed Alan's suggestions, but he get fatter than before. Then he came to Alan's office again.
Arthur: "Doctor, I think your suggestions are useless. I’m much fatter."
Alan: "Maybe you should try to go swimming, go running and go jogging."
Arthur: "Are you sure?"
Alan: "I'm not sure. Have you thought about stretching?"
What a foolish patient! What a terrible doctor!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed! I just read these out loud to my roommates, and they loved them! Alan's story was so funny! And I loved the one about the rabbit! Whoever wrote that had a really good grasp on grammar! These totally just made my day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete