10.26.2011

"He" by Vicky

I am telling their stories. They are stories of my students, stories that they write merely because it is a homework assignment. They have no idea how much their stories can touch the hearts of others. Even if they did, they have no venue to do so, to share.

On behalf of my students, I share this with you so that your heart can be touched, and a story can live on.

The assignment is this: 
'Like a tree, some people simply take root in our lives and never let go.' 
Write 12 or more sentences about a person in your life who will never 'let go.' Why do they mean so much to you? If they are kind, how do they show their kindness to you? If they are loving, in what ways do they show love?"

"Maybe this story have a little sad, but it is true. He--'like a tree simply take root in my heart and never let go.' He was my neighbor and we are the best friends! Though I was 5 years old than him but we played together until "that day". He had an accident. We were all worried about him. One night I dreamed him! In my dream, he didn't talk to me, only looked at me and smiled. When I waked up, my mother cried and said to me "He...passed away...". I was so sad and cried with my mom. I never believed I lost him. But to everybody's surprised, his parents agreed to donate their son's corneas to a two-year-old girl who had eyes disease. His parents said to the reporter "my son always help other at school. I think he must agree that we make this decision. And... I want to let my son can also see the beautiful world.
'Help others until the end of life.' A 15 year old boy leaves me this lesson. I will always help others like him. Just like the angel in heaven..."

No comments:

Post a Comment